- Are you a reputable coach? Have you helped other people successfully?
- Do you have the education, experience, and background I need?
- Do you know what you’re talking about?
- Do you understand my needs, and have you helped others with similar needs?
- Do you speak confidently?
- Do your answers to my questions reveal deep knowledge of the subject?
- Do you ask knowledgeable and insightful questions of me?
- Have you worked in my industry or company before?
- Are you honest and worthy of trust? Will you always tell me the truth?
- Do you keep your promises and commitments? Will you do what you say you will do and deliver what you promise?
- Will you be candid with me, even if it means giving me bad news?
- Will you treat me fairly?
- Will you look out for my interests? Will you do what’s right for me?
- Will you avoid surprising me with problems or costs that I hadn’t counted on?
- Will you be confidential? Will you be discreet?
- Will you be there when I need you?
- Do we have any commonalities? Do we share the same values, perspectives and attitudes?
- Are you interested in my industry? Are we curious about the same things? Do we have insights to share with each other?
- Do you understand my operating style and preferences, and are you willing to adapt? Will you work with me the way I want? Will you communicate with me the way I like to communicate?
- Do you know what’s important to me, what my priorities are?
- Do I enjoy working with you, not just because you’re a nice person and we have some common personal interests, but because you add value to me?
- Do I like you? Would I enjoy being in your company?
- Who are you? Tell me about yourself and your organization.
- What would you like to know about me?
- Why do you want coaching? Why now?
- How important is coaching to you?
- What do you expect from the coaching?